Friday, April 24, 2015

Time to try out the solar setup

I am not done detailing the installation of my solar system setup, as it is not completed. I still have to add some more panels.

However, I have completed the installation of my new Flexmax 80 charge controller, along with a 1500 watt inverter, to charge the 460 amp hours battery bank that I have using 350 watts of solar power coming from 5 Siemens SP75.

We are headed out to our first official camping outing of the 2015 season this week-end, and will put the system to use as there won't be any hookups where we are headed.

I reserved a site where I thought sun would be optimal but we will see. I will take notes of what happens, and will report our findings here so stay tuned!

I hope that the cold is not going to ruin the week-end, and drain my batteries from the constant running of the furnace's fan, which draws 3-4 amps when running. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment